Reflective Writing: Coding Conventions
Due: October 6
To learn more about coding conventions and write about how they are used.
For this writing assignment, you will do the following:
- Look up the term "coding convention" and briefly define what one is.
- Read Google's Style
Guide for Java which is one of the most widely referenced coding conventions for
- Write a post which addresses the following questions:
- What is the benefit of everyone in a team adhering to a convention like this?
- Is there any benefit to sticking to a convention even when you're working alone?
- Is there any downside to coding conventions?
- What are the areas addressed in the Google guide that you are most surprised are specified?
- In what areas does your own code not meet these standards?
- How would you feel about being forced to use this style for the programs you write?
To submit this, submit the link to your post for the assignment in Canvas.
Log out of Wordpress and make sure you can view the page while not logged in.
If you can't, you may need to publish it first. Please also submit a direct
link to the post and not just the home page.
Ian Finlayson | Licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.