UML Exercise 2
To become familiar with creating UML sequence diagrams in Dia.
For this lab, you will create a UML sequence diagram for an email program.
You should create a sequence diagram for sending an email.
This will consist of the following sequence of method calls:
- Call a create method of a Message class.
- This method will call a getText method of an Editor class which will return a String.
- The create method returns the Message.
- Call the send method of the Message class.
- The send function returns a Confirmation object.
- Call the display method on the Confirmation object.
The object on the far left can be called "Main".
- The Dia program can also create sequence diagrams.
- You will use the "Object" tool to create an object for each one involved.
- You will also use the "Lifeline" tool to create the dashed line containing object lifelines.
These can be grown or shrunk from the right-click menu.
There is a bug where each lifeline can only have one call.
To get around this, you can place two over one object.
- Method calls and returns are modeled with the "Message" tool.
When you are finished, email the diagram (.dia file) to email@example.com.
Copyright © 2018 Ian Finlayson | Licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.