UML Exercise 1
To become familiar with creating UML diagrams in Dia.
For this lab, you will create UML diagrams for the classes in this RPNCalc.java program.
This is a reverse polish notation program that uses a stack to compute expressions.
There are four classes:
You should create a UML diagram containing these four classes and the relathionship between them.
- The Dia program is a diagram editor that can create UML diagrams.
Launch the program by entering "dia" on the command line, or by selecting it from the main menu.
- Choose "UML" from the drop down in the tools window.
- There are tools for classes, and each of the connectors we discussed in class.
These can be placed in the design window.
- Each element can be customized by right-clicking and choosing "properties".
You can edit class name, attributes, operations and so on.
- Create a class box for each class, and enter the methods and fields for each.
- Lastly, connect them with connectors signifying their relationships.
When you are finished, email the diagram (.dia file) to email@example.com.
Copyright © 2018 Ian Finlayson | Licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.