Writing Assignment: Impostor Syndrome
Due: December 3
To learn about impostor syndrome and write reflectively about your
experiences as a programmer.
For this writing assignment, you will do the following:
- Research impostor syndrome. You should describe what it is,
what its effects are, and how many people are affected by it. You will
need to find at least one source on this.
- Next write about whether you have experienced this as a computer science
major. If so, describe when, and how it has affected you. If you have not
experienced impostor syndrome as computer scientist, but have in other areas of
your life, you can write about that instead.
- Read the article Programmer
Imposter Syndrome: 6 Ways to Get Over Yours by Ethan Urie. Summarize this
article, and discuss his tips for dealing with this issue. Talk about
his tips and whether or not you think they would be effective.
- Lastly, describe another way that you think one could combat impostor
Your paper should:
- Be about 2 single-spaced pages long, using a 12-pt font and one
- You should cite the source(s) that you reference. In this case, that will
be at least one source on impostor syndrome, and one for the article I gave
you. If you refer to any other sources be sure to cite them. You should use
in-text citations, as well as list the source(s) in a "Works
Cited" page. The format doesn't matter however.
- You should strive to write as clearly as possible, and use correct
grammar and spelling.
To submit your program, email the paper in PDF format to email@example.com.
Copyright © 2019 Ian Finlayson | Licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.